These boards have become super popular but I won’t lie. I’ve been making them for years before I ever knew they had a name. They make a great snacky lunch that keeps the kids happy and doesn’t take a lot of work for me. And these trays are a great way to save on how many dishes I have to wash with a hand full of kids and their friends all overeating. Simply set the charcuterie board out on the table and let the kids run and grab what they want while they play.
This simple Red, White, and blue snack board is perfect for serving at your summer cookout or for a simple and healthy lunch for the kids. I find making a small plate from these boards is a great way to ensure that I am eating healthy as well to help me reach my health and fitness goals.
What you need:
Assorted vegetables, fruits, dips, and cheeses in red, white, and blue like:
- Gouda cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Blueberry goat cheese
- Water crackers
- Clubhouse crackers
- White dipped pretzels
- Toasted crostini
- Cream cheese spread
- Blueberry jam
- Strawberry jam
- Blue wrapped candy, like Dove Milk Chocolates
- Red wrapped candy, like Dove Dark Chocolates
For serving you will need
- Small containers
- Large cutting board or platter
How to put your snack board together
1. Choose a board or serving dishes for the charcuterie board.
2. Place loose ingredients (small candies, loose berries, etc.) into bowls or individual dishes. Place those bowls on the board or buffet first.
3. Arrange other items around the bowls.
4. Add assorted tongs or holiday decorations.
Celibrating American Holidays
As an Army wife I love these fun ways to bring Red, White, and Blue into our celebrations or patrritic American holidays like Memorial Day and the 4th of July. With us trying to make healthier choices It can take a bit more creativity to keep all of the fun going.